In the past year, several big advancements in GPU-accelerated computing have promised that major changes are ahead for organizations that use large, expensive workstations to deliver graphics-rich applications. While some of this technology isn’t even a year old yet, its potential to transform the way entire industries work has created quite a buzz. Enter cloud workstations...
Why make IT the bottleneck?
To deliver high performance graphics or compute intensive applications like CATIA, AutoCAD, Revit, SOLIDWORKS, Adobe Premiere and others, you need to provide each user with a physical windows workstation with lots of compute and memory. These high-end physical workstations come with challenges:
- High CapEx - these desktops are incredibly expensive.
- High TCO - requires hardware refresh every 3 years.
- Time-consuming: Users often wait for weeks to get their workstations because IT has to procure them, configure them and then deliver them to the users. No flexibility for temporary projects.
- High networking costs - Sharing large files/datasets between users and sites is challenging.
- Inefficient - Difficult to collaborate in real-time with geographically dispersed teams on the same 3D models.
- Immobile - In the age of mobility, GPU workstation users are still tethered to their desks.
Until now, you didn't have a choice. Workspot is bringing GPUs to you on demand. Workspot Cloud Workstations on Microsoft Azure can deliver high-performance GPU-enabled Windows 10 workstations to users globally. Deploy GPU-accelerated cloud workstations along with the required applications and computing resources according to your business and project requirements. Manage the entire platform from a single pane of glass.
Don't revamp IT to fit the Cloud solution
Some "cloud" solutions force IT to adopt new workflows and new operating systems. That can be costly in time and money.
Most CAD software is only certified on Windows Desktop OS and are customized to integrate with third-party software and processes. Changing or migrating any portion of the workflow means IT has to re-create and integrate the current workflows and processes (styling, design, simulation, job run, etc.) There are dependencies on integration with databases and supply chain systems. Changing workflows can cost millions of dollars in new software, processes, and most importantly, time.
....Or take the fast, painless route.
Workspot DaaS 2.0 delivers Cloud Workstations that run the Windows 10 operating system, which is certified by ISVs, and seamlessly integrates with your existing CAD design workflows.
Your GPU-accelerated computing delivery scenarios with Workspot
Now you can shift all the heavy lifting of graphics-rich applications workloads off your workstations. Workspot DaaS 2.0 provides several options for delivering desktops and applications:
- Use the latest hyper-converged infrastructure. A few years ago, hypervisors only virtualized the basic compute resources (e.g CPU, RAM, Disk). Today, there are hypervisors that provide virtual GPUs to your VMs. In this scenario, each VM gets it own virtualized GPU (vGPU), with all VMs on the hypervisor sharing the same physical GPU. This means you can have high-performance VMs that can do the job of a physical workstation. Workspot has partnerships with the top HCI providers.
- Leverage the power of Microsoft Azure. Late last year, Microsoft announced the availability of their Azure N-Series workstations VMs, featuring virtual GPUs that can run graphics intensive workloads. The Azure N-Series instances are powered by NVIDIA GPUs, which enables customers to run GPU-accelerated workloads, workstations and applications in the cloud or in the datacenter. Workspot is a Microsoft managed partner.
- Combine hyper-converged with the Azure cloud. Not ready to go all-cloud, but still looking to give your users access to your resources from anywhere in the world? Launch a hybrid solution. Workspot is the only solution that can manage hyper-converged VDI 2.0 infrastrucuture and DaaS 2.0 running on Azure cloud from a single pane of glass. Workspot DaaS 2.0 has tight integration with Azure.
Why Workspot DaaS 2.0 is a game-changer for GPU-accelerated computing
Workspot Cloud Workstations can provide customers with these benefits:
- Faster time to value with increased efficiency in collaborating between engineering teams and partners across the globe.
- Always have the latest GPUs and highest performing hardware with Azure. No more server hardware refresh.
- Provide users with cloud-based mobility to work from anywhere with data secure in the cloud.
- Provision new employees and temporary projects in minutes rather than days.
- Leverage the elasticity of cloud to scale up or down as per business and project requirements.
Workspot DaaS 2.0 enables you to deliver your graphics-rich resources to your users quickly and securely. Our unique, cloud-native architecture enables you to deploy and deliver your cloud workstations and applications in a day from any location on any hybrid infrastructure - Microsoft Azure cloud, on-premises, or both. All managed from a single pane of glass.
Workspot is your one stop VDI and DaaS shop for delivering virtualized applications, server-hosted desktops, virtual desktops and graphics workstations. You get infinite scalability with significantly lower TCO!