My colleague Patricia Nolan and I were just at MIDTECH 2015 in Baltimore last week. In the span of one and a half days, we spoke with 44 CIOs and IT leaders about the top problems that they need to solve.
Here are the top five questions we heard from CIO and IT leaders.
- I'm moving my Exchange and other services to the cloud to simplify my IT. How do I simplify managing desktops? Will VDI help?
- The security team won't let anyone install any apps on iOS or Android mobile devices because of challenges with malware on mobile platforms. How do I deliver access to users apps and data without any apps?
- I've been rolling VMWare VDI out for the past 3-4 years. Are there options faster than VMWare for IT roll out and manage access for users?
- How do I solve BYOD without MDM, which requires too much IT intervention?
- I'm trying to get rid of my datacenter and moved most of my applications to the cloud. But I still have some proprietary applications and data in my datacenter that I don't know how to move yet. How do I connect users to the cloud and datacenter but not add more infrastructure?
1. Need for speed. Traditional solutions require building infrastructure which can mean that IT is always catching up to what the users need right now.
2. Reconciling TCO strategy. After moving services to the Cloud to gain the TCO and scale benefits, several CIOs then contemplated building VDI in house to connect users to cloud services.
3. Balancing security and usability. Maintaining Enterprise security is paramount, but what is the best balance between security and usability? Too many security protocols and password logins can decrease the UX and slow down productivity. IT needs to keep information secure while maintaining an efficient, and consistent user experience to maximize end user productivity.
A Solution that Addresses All Three Major Areas of Concern: Workspace as a Service
As a 100% Cloud architecture, WaaS is fast, flexible, reduces TCO, and enables maximum efficiency. With Workspot's Workspace as a Service, IT typically goes live in 60 minutes, so you will never be stuck playing catch up building or expanding your infrastructure.
And TCO? Building and maintaining your VDI infrastructure in-house is inherently expensive, and as our earlier posts show, equates to only a niche solution. With Workspot, you don't have to worry about updates or infrastructure build-outs for scalability. Workspace as a Service can deliver peace of mind and let you focus on core business initiatives.
Security and Usability? Workspot provides a Single Sign-On for your users to securely access all their apps and data. All confidential data and applications are encrypted by AES 256 and walled off from the device itself. This delivers a seamless user experience without compromising security.
Workspace as a Service is the next generation architecture for delivering apps and data. To learn more, check out our Free BYOD Trial in 60 Minutes! Deliver any app, to any device, with no new boxes! Click on the Stop Watch below to get started...