End User Computing was “simple” until 2006:
- IT bought PCs
- IT managed PCs
- IT delivered apps and data to PCs
- End Users worked on PCs
Today everything has changed and the only guarantee is that change is constant:
- There are multiple OSes: iOS, Android, Windows PC, and Mac
- Devices are mostly unmanaged (80%) and mostly mobile
- There are multiple app types: Web, Windows, Network Shares, Hybrid, and NativeoApplications can be run as SaaS or on-premises
How does IT deliver apps in this rapidly changing world? What should IT strategy be in the context of these rapid changes in a mobile-first world? How do you avoid making short-term decisions?
Jeff Bezos said the following in response to a question about Amazon's strategy: "Base your strategy on things that won't change! Selling lipstick, tractor seats, e-book readers and data storage is all part of one big plan with three big constants: offer wider selection, lower prices and fast, reliable delivery." His logic is straight-forward. Every dollar invested in improving those three constants will be well spent. No customer is ever going to ask for smaller selection, or higher prices, or slower delivery!
So what are the IT requirements that won't change for app delivery in the future?
- Shorter Time to Value - Is any customer ever going to want longer time to value?
- Better User Experience - Will any user ever want a worse user experience?
- No Compromise on Security - Does anyone believe security risks will go down?
As you think about the next generation solutions for app delivery, identify solutions that invest in these three strategic constants. We believe that a Workspace as a Service solution satisfies these requirements, and provides a simple way for end users to securely access all their applications and data. A workspace needs to be available on any device in order to meet the requirements of a mobile-first enterprise.
Schedule a 15 minute demo to see today's Workspot in action. We're the leader in cloud desktops, and we can have you up and running on Microsoft Azure in as little as one day!