End User Computing was “simple” until 2006:
- IT bought PCs
- IT managed PCs
- IT delivered apps to PCs
- End Users worked on PCs
Today everything has changed and will continue to change:
- There are multiple OS: iOS, Android, Windows PC, and Mac
- Devices are mostly unmanaged (80%) and mostly mobile
- There are multiple app types: Web, Windows, Network Shares, Hybrid, and Native
- Applications can be run as SaaS or on-premises
In this mobile-first world, how does IT securely deliver apps and data to any device? Here are some of the challenges:
As we talk with IT experts, we discovered 3 common myths:
- Believing Mobile-First = Mobile-Only: Even in consumer applications, end users use multiple devices (PCs, tablets, and phones) to consume and create content. Why would enterprise application usage be any different? Business users will need phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs for different tasks.
- Thinking Device Management is the Solution: Already more than 80% of the devices in the world are end user owned. End users want to retain the ability to use their personal devices as they see fit. It's unlikely that IT can afford to give every end user a second device, and even more unlikely that end users will carry two devices. Hence IT needs to look for solutions that don't need to manage the device in order to solve the app-delivery problem in a mobile-first world.
- Solving the problem with on-premises legacy software solutions: The end point computing world is moving 10x faster than the PC model. A legacy on-premises solution will struggle to keep pace with the rapid evolution of devices.
We believe that a Workspace as a Service is the right answer for today's app delivery problem and provides a simple way for end users to securely access all their applications and data. A workspace needs to be available on any device in order to meet the requirements of a mobile-first enterprise.
Schedule a 15 minute demo to see today's Workspot in action. We're the leader in cloud desktops, and we can have you up and running on Microsoft Azure in as little as one day!